Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Superintendent Listening Post

Mayo’s Film Club sparks creativity

After a two-year hiatus, the Mayo Film Club is returning to Mayo High, reigniting cinematic passion and community among students.

Film does not just involve movies or moving images: it’s about using one’s creativity, going beyond the boundaries of imagination, collaborating with peers to create stories invoking one’s emotions, and reflecting on life’s joys, struggles, and complexity in the form of a visual story. That’s what Mayo Film Club is all about. It is more than just a club; it’s a space where students can come together to unleash their creativity and learn the art of filmmaking. Maybe you’d be interested in joining the club. 

The Film Club leaders are (l-r) Truman Lindloff and Loi Shah.

According to Loi Shah, one of the student leaders, the “Film Club is a space for students to create films with their friends and learn about the filmmaking process!” Both Shah and co-leader Truman Lindloff promise an exciting ending to their journey with “an awesome viewing party of all the films we have created” at the end of the year. 

Led by adviser Mrs. Kalehn, the Film Club offers many opportunities for members to dive deeper into the world of cinematography. The club meets every Monday after school at 3:30 in Mrs. Klaehn’s room (2-239).

Their passion for cinema and their desire to build a community of individuals sparked the creation of the club. Although they may want to entertain others they also want to educate people about the filmmaking process. Discussing the love of film, movies, and a need for a place to create, Loi Shah explained that, “Truman and I love movies and wanted to host a fun and creative space at Mayo High School for other people that love movies and want to learn about the film creation process.” 

During the Film Club meeting, members discuss how to make more exciting plots.

Members of the film club will find themselves in a group of like-minded people working on film projects and building each other’s creativity and teamwork. Many of these groups work on a variety of their own film projects. Cameras and microphones are provided to help everyone create the best films possible. 

Everyone is encouraged to explore their creative boundaries and creative thinking. Students interested in the club should join the Google Classroom and come to the meetings!, the Mayo Film Club encourages all interested students to become a part of their creative journey. 

Join their Google Classroom with the code: eddcele to find out more and be a part of this group and go on a journey to create, explore, and celebrate storytelling magic through the art of filmmaking. 

Photos: Truman Lindloff and Loi Shah provided their own photos.