Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Superintendent Listening Post

Spartan becomes Trojan: Gasner signs with NIACC

As the 2024 Mayo Boy’s Baseball season ends, senior Chase Gasner is getting ready for a new chapter in his athletic journey. With his exceptional talent and dedication to the sport, Chase Gasner has officially signed his letter of intent to play baseball at North Iowa Community College also known as NIACC. This exciting opportunity propels Chase to the next level of his baseball career after high school. It is due to his hard work, commitment, and confidence in his ability to succeed.

A multi-position player for the Spartans, Chase Gasner catches during a game on the Mayo field.

Chase Gasner is a well-rounded player who can excel across all positions on the field. His adaptability and skillset make him a standout on his team. He looks forward to the upcoming season as a Trojan, for “the ability to play baseball, for a cheap price.” In fact, he explained that he is excited to play ball at the collegiate level “to meet new people, and play at other places.” He appreciates the opportunity that the coaches at NIACC are offering him, and he vows to do all he can to help the team in the seasons to come. 

Mayo’s Chase Gasner has the ability to take control of a game with his hitting power.

Chase Gasner has dedicated 12 years of his life to playing baseball, a passion he shares with his dad, who constantly “pushes him” to be the best player he can be. One of the many reasons why Gasner finds so much enjoyment in the sport is that it offers him “the ability to get better every day.”

In addition to his commitment to playing baseball at NIACC, Chase Gasner also plans on getting his Emergency Medical Technician certificate. Balancing baseball and academics will be a challenge, but it’s one that everyone on the team has to face, so Chase is getting ready for it. He knows that he is not only being offered a chance to play baseball, but he is also being given an opportunity to study and move into a career when he finally has to hang up his cleats for the last time.

As high school comes to an end, all graduating seniors and upcoming junior student athletes think about what they’ll do after graduation. Chase Gasner has some valuable advice for those contemplating continuing their athletic careers in college: “Its got to feel right; its got to be the right fit.” Without a doubt, the future is bright, and the sky is the limit for Chase Gasner and his athletic career.

Photos courtesy of Post Bulletin