Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Superintendent Listening Post

Making Memories with the Mayo Spirits

The Mayo Spirits Fall Dance Team (MFDT) concluded an amazing 2023 season by gaining plenty of knowledge and experience, while keeping an eye on another incredible season to come. The Mayo Spirits Fall Dance Team is Mayo High School’s halftime entertainment for Mayo’s home football games as well as Mayo’s home soccer games. The Mayo Spirit dancers worked hard for several hours each week, from summer all the way to late fall, in preparation for the home games, and the exciting pep fests amongst other fun performances. They always tried to add an uplifting, positive spirit to games and to entertain the crowds with their field routines. 

This past year the Spirits had a very successful season. The MFDT dancers had the honor of hosting the annual fall dance team showcase, in which Mayo High School, John Marshall High School, and Century High School each present their dance routines. All of the schools performed their halftime shows for a gym packed full with an audience of excited students, parents, and proud dance coaches, including Mikaela Sarran and Morgan Olson. “It was a highlight of the season… Our team really looks forward to it every year!” Mikaela Sarran said. 

The Mayo Spirits season additionally includes a wide array of fundraisers and team bonding activities that the dancers get to create and participate in. Fundraisers include their annual car wash in Mayo’s parking lot, as well as collaborating with local restaurants to raise money for team members, activities, dance gear, and practice equipment.

Next season, MFDT is looking forward to promoting the team even more with brand new fundraisers. They are also trying to find many more performance opportunities. MFDT also looks forward to making their performances even more engaging with more participation with crowds at the games. 

As the coaches and captains anticipate the exciting new season, they are looking for brand new members to join the team. Tryouts will be taking place this spring in late April and early May (Date TBD), and each year about 20-25 dancers are chosen for the team. As stated before, practices, fundraising, and team bonding start in the summer and run until the end of the season in late fall. The Mayo Spirits hope to see you there.