Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Superintendent Listening Post

Sadowy signs with University of Wisconsin-Parkside

Photo courtesy of Breakdown Sports Photography

On February 7th, Mayo baseball player Alec Sadowy signed his Division ll baseball commitment to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, which is located in Kenosha, a town not historically known for their baseball. Sadowy said their team hasn’t been the strongest in the past, so they are in a rebuilding phase, but he is optimistic about the future of the team. He hopes that he can be a strong contributor to their success.

Ironically, Sadowy hasn’t always known he was going to pursue college baseball. “I never thought I was good enough until all these schools reached out,” he said, but Sadowy has been training hard his whole life and is well-prepared. He likes the campus and really thinks it is the right fit for him; beyond that, Kenosha is close to his family. While attending the university, Sadowy plans to study to become a Nurse Anesthetist. 

In the 5th inning of the rivalry game against the John Marshall Rockets, Alec Sadowy aims for the corner of the batter’s box. Photo courtesy of Mila Sadowy

Sadowy is very pleased with the coaches and the program at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside; “I think the pitching coach will make me a better thrower. I like the weight room, the turf, the field, and the work ethic of the program.” College baseball takes a lot of time and dedication, which Sadowy is well-prepared for because of his rigorous training schedule: “I lift four times a week, throw regularly, eat to gain weight, and work on new pitches.” Everything needs to be sharpened and on point to play at the college level, so Sadowy makes sure he does banded exercises for his throwing arm to prevent injury. Strengthening the rotator cuff is crucial to the durability of a pitcher’s throwing arm. 

Alec Sadowy appreciates his head coach Thomas Senne for helping him get to this next level.  Photo courtesy of Alison Sadowy

Last spring, Sadowy came off a hot 2023 baseball season, leading Mayo as one of their top pitchers. One of his best strengths is the accuracy of his pitches, as he is able to pick corners of the batter’s box and hit them most of the time. Another one of his strengths is his curveball. Sadowy’s teammate Ethan LaBrash said, “Yeah, he definitely has the nastiest curveball on the team.” Sadowy claims he needs to work on his changeup and his stamina as a pitcher. He will have the upcoming season and the entire summer to prepare before he steps onto the college diamond. 

His goals in the next few months are to get bigger, stronger, and have an enjoyable senior season. Sadowy has a few hobbies outside of training for baseball. He likes to fish, draw, hangout with friends, and watch movies. Training for baseball, along with his academics and hobbies, is his focus for the time remaining before his college baseball career begins. The best piece of advice he has heard is “You miss every shot you don’t take.” When you see him congratulate Sadowy for taking his shot and signing as a Division ll baseball player at Wisconsin-Parkside.