Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Mayo High School's Online Forum

The Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Superintendent Listening Post

Winter Choir Concert: Monday

Winter break is nearing, and so is Mayo High School’s winter choir concert. Choir students have been learning songs and preparing for this concert since the first week of school. Two choir students, Ashton Holmes and Pax Richard, described the preparation process as “thrilling” and “intensive.”

The concert includes a variety of songs from every choir: Spartan Choir, Concert Choir, the Southtown Singers, and Concert Choir Honors. Each choir has their own distinctive sound with talented voices that are ready to be heard. The program contains well-loved holiday classics such as Carol of the Bells, Sleigh Ride, and Silent Night. Additionally, the songs in the program feature many languages such as Hebrew, isiZulu, and Swahili. 

The concert also provides a great opportunity not only to support the arts, but to give back to the community. The director of the choirs, Mrs. Humke, has organized a Mayo Minute to take place the night of the concert. The Mayo Minute is a challenge in which the goal is to collect as much money as possible in a single minute. It is a simple and fun way to raise money for GOFA, a fundraiser that raises money for the Rochester Women’s Shelter and the Dorothy Day House. Be sure to bring an extra dollar or two, so you can be part of the action. 

Come with friends and family at 7:00 P.M on Monday, December 18th to Mayo High School’s Winter Choir Concert. The concert is free, and it will be a heartwarming way to spend a cold winter night. It will be filled with beautiful music, fun celebration, and a way to give back to your community. We hope to see you there!