Powerful Percussive Performance

Monica Montalvo, Staff Writer

Unquestionably the most powerful GOFA event is coming up this week: the Drumline showcase.

Combined between the other two amazing Rochester Public High Schools, Mayo’s Drumline will face off in a friendly but unforgettable rivalry against the drummers from John Marshall and Century High Schools.. 

There is no winner for this event but that doesn’t make it any less thrilling; in fact, it helps people for all the schools cheer loudly for all of the talented musicians. The bands love playing and love seeing all the hype and excitement from the students, staff, parents, and others in attendance. It is a spectacle of sounds, sights, and feelings – truly a powerful percussive performance.

This year’s Drumline Showcase will be hosted at John Marshall in the gym on Wednesday December 21st. The doors open at 7:30 that evening, and the show will begin at 8:00. Everyone is welcome! 

Drumline Showcase is an event that helps raise money for GOFA. The money will split between the 3 high schools Mayo, John Marshall, and Century. They will be donating the money to the Dorothy Day House and the women shelter. 

Tickets will cost $6 and they will be available on the HomeTownFan app. You have to download the app to pay, and you can find that information here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hometown-fan/id1556279241 

If you do attend the event don’t forget to cheer on Mayo and follow all the rules in place. Also be sure to wear Mayo colors to help support and cheer on the Spartan drumline.