Poetry Out Loud begins in November

Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that encourages the study of great poetry by a dynamic recitation competition for high school students across the country.

Students will spend 6 weeks selecting poems, understanding dramatic and literary elements at work in their pieces, and practicing recitations. Each session will include mini-discussions with instructors and break-out sessions to work with peers on recitations.
After winter bre

Intended for:
 Students, grades 9 – 12, who are interested in poetry, speech, or dramatic arts.ak, students will have a chance to practice their recitations in a competition-like format before Rochester’s Regional Competition (live, but virtual) on February 1, 2021.
Winners of the regional competition will advance to the virtual state competition, being held in late February.

Format of the class: Virtual – The Google Classroom code and link will be made available when you register.

Schedule Dates and Times: Mondays 7:00 – 8:00 pm as follows: November 16, 23, 30 and December 7, 14, 21.
Practice competition January 25, 2021
Regional competition February 1, 2021

Follow this link if you would like to register to participate.

This information can also be viewed through the link to the Poetry Out Loud flyer.

State winners are eligible for awards and a chance to compete at the virtual national competition. Learn more at: https://www.poetryoutloud.org/

Thank you, Ms. Higgs, for providing this information.