Mayo speech team

Ready to shine

Beni Benyei, Staff Writer

Mayo Speech Team is a group of powerful young students that practice and use their speaking skills to participate in competitions throughout the year.

Speech team is all about working together to encourage, empower and confide in each other in order to create a solid team foundation and in turn improve everyone’s individual speaking skills and performance.

Speech Team meets periodically, at least once a week. At each meeting the Speech coach Mrs. Theismann guides the team through different activities that help them bond and tailor their speech skills. All official meetings run through February; Big 9 and State Speech Competitions soon follow.

It’s easy to join Speech Team; attend the informational meeting on Tuesday, December 12th in room 2-239. There Mrs. Theismann will help you to register and prepare for competitions. Students Nya Ruach and Maeve Cameron are the senior captains and would be glad to give you additional information as well.

“If you are nervous or scared about public speaking, you can 100% still find your place here. Speech is a creative outlet, and although it can be nerve-racking, it is incredibly fun and rewarding,” Nya, Senior captain said of the team.

Please consider improving your ability to speak in front of others in the most enjoyable manner possible, with friends as part of the Speech Team. Remember to come to the meeting on Tuesday, December 12th, in room 2-239.