Twitter challenges come to GOFA

Back to Article
Back to Article

Twitter challenges come to GOFA

Ridwan Ghedi, Staff Writer

The holiday season is upon us, and that means the most exciting time to be a Spartan is here. Mayo High School raises money for the Dorothy Day House and the Rochester Women’s Shelter every year during the month of December using a numerous amount of games and activities to raise money for the school’s fundraiser, Give One For All (GOFA).

Social media has become an important factor in our lives today and is one of the most efficient and effective ways to communicate. Students have taken advantage of that useful tool. Every year, a twitter page is set up named, “GOFA Challenge” and students are free to keep up with challenges posted and are encouraged to participate. A friendly competition is set up between different grade levels, and students really get  fired up. Challenges done in the past include: Dress like a teacher and take a photo with them, take a picture of you participating in penny wars, and others such as taking a picture of the dress up day with your friends.

Twitter challenges have been a tradition at Mayo High School for years, growing and being personalized as friends create and share new ideas. These challenges will continue to go on as a fun interaction to raise money for the Dorothy Day House and the Rochester Women’s Shelter.