Chipotle Night: a highlight of Mayo High School’s GOFA fundraiser

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andrew Lannon, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again when we stuff our stomachs with delicious foods to benefit the Dorothy Day House and the Women’s Shelter. Among the many activities that occur throughout the month of December, Chipotle Night is one of the students’ favorites!

On December 18th, any purchase you make at the Chipotle located at 1201 South Broadway #60 (Rochester, MN 55904) will benefit both of these wonderful organizations. Chipotle has graciously partnered with Mayo High School to send 50% of the proceeds to GOFA. That can add up to quite a lot of money.

According to their website, “Chipotle was born of the radical belief that there is a connection between how food is raised and prepared, and how it tastes.” They grow their vegetables in healthy soil, and their pork comes from pigs that are treated well, and are granted ability to roam outdoors in barns. Chipotle fills every bowl and wraps every burrito to cultivate in a better world. They also have many vegetarian and vegan options for those who prefer it. Clearly, Chipotle specializes in caring for their food, and their customers.

This is a night when you can go in, greet one of their friendly staff members, meet up with your friends, and get your favorite Chipotle bowl or burrito filled with chicken, steak, pork, many vegetables and salsas. Be sure to purchase a beverage to quench your thirst as well. Any purchase will help reach the goal of $40,000 for the Give One For All (GOFA) Fundraiser.

Be sure to tell your family and friends to save their money and their appetites for Tuesday, the 18th, to boost school spirit and further our goal for GOFA.

Happy holidays, happy GOFA, and happy eating!