The Advocate

Go neon at the GOFA Dance this Saturday

Bri Barlow, Staff Writer

What could be better than laughing, dancing, and hanging out with friends all while raising money for the Dorothy Day House and the Women’s Shelter? Clearly the answer is “nothing is better than that,” so make plans to join us.

The Dorothy Day House is a temporary homeless shelter that provides warm meals and an even warmer place to stay. The Women’s Shelter assists female victims and their children who are suffering from a domestically violent environment. The dance marks the kickoff of our school’s big charity fundraiser, Give One For All, which is more commonly known as GOFA. It is the first of many events going on through the month of December designed to help raise money for The Dorothy Day House and Women’s Shelter.

The GOFA dance will take place this Saturday, December 1st, from 9-11 pm in the gym. It’s a neon out!  The tickets are being sold for $5 during all lunch periods from Tuesday the 27th through Friday the 30th and then $10 the day of the dance at the door. The dance is hosted by Student Government members who are also selling the tickets.

Don’t worry about wearing anything fancy or finding a date: the dance is meant to be casual and fun-filled with dancing based on a student-made playlist. Wear your best neon or brightest whites. The gym will be filled with bright lights and black lights!