Come have a Terror-ific time at Mayo High School Halloween party

Pahoua Yang, Staff Writer

As Halloween approaches and the spooky yet refreshing breezes of wind flow into town, the Halloween party comes as well! At Mayo High School, our Mayo Honor Society club is preparing its annual Halloween party, which will take place on Monday, October 29th, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at 7 p.m. The Halloween party will be packed with new and fun festivities.

This year costume contest is set to be one of the best. With the entire school being able to compete to win the mantle of the best costume, this year competition will be heated. The costumes must be within school sanctioned and appropriate attire so nothing too graphic or gory will be allowed. The judges will be of the best with their discerning eyes for winners. Some possibilities for costumes can be dressing up as classical paintings, your favorite toy as a child, a terrifying zombie, or your favorite movie characters. The possibilities are endless, did you start thinking of yours?

Have you ever walked through a hallway feeling sweaty, breathing heavily, and having chills run throughout your whole body? …No?  Well, come take a walk through a hospital-themed haunted hallway, where who knows what you’ll see or run into through your journey. It will take place by the library and the art rooms.

The idea of being trapped and lost intentionally is quite scary to some, but for a few, it can be fun. This is personified perfectly in this year’s Escape Room. Students are challenged to solve puzzles in the hope of breaking out of the small space. The escape room is located on top of door 6. Will you be able to escape?  

This Halloween party allows for everyone to participate, whether it be helping around or even decorating a cookie! There’ll be a cookie decorating stand with all the materials already provided.

Many other activities can be found as well, including pumpkin carving, carnival booths, and slime making. All proceeds will go to the SOS room that help provides students needs. You can buy tickets in the cafeteria during periods 4, 5, and 6, or you can stop by Mrs.Kinneberg’s classroom (2-105). You can bring your younger siblings and friends. The party will take place at door 6, and activities will be branched out into different classrooms.