Room for Improvement, Structure, and Helping Hands

Katelyn Ibarra, Staff Writer

It’s the end-of-quarter crunch, the last rush to get grades in, and everyone feels the pressure. There may be some time when students need a quiet place to study or get some help with certain school subjects or homework. Structured study hall is here to offer that. If you are looking for a place to do some make up work or even tutor your fellow schoolmates, then you should come to room 1-216C across the cafeteria.

One of the best things about this opportunity is that it offers tutors who understand subjects extremely well; they will sit and assist you, making the work easier, and giving you the knowledge you need in order to succeed. Ethan Thompson-Jewel, one of the tutors in structured study hall, offers many tips for studying and for academic success. Ethan suggests that, “When studyinging, flashcards always help. I also study with friends sometimes with a focus.”  He then finished answering this question by saying, “I even write my own questions and answer them to get a better understanding of the subject.”

Structured study hall also has many ways to help you stay organized. For example, they have updated boards in the room with the latest assignments from almost every teacher in every subject, so if you’re a little lost or not the best note-taker, this will be a great help. Beyond that, they have access to all the essential materials and can even get you linked to your teachers if you have a question for them.

If you’re interested in structured study hall, it is available every lunch hour (hours four through six). You can just walk right in: no signing-in or anything too complicated. If you are also interested in the tutoring opportunities, feel free to contact Mrs.Diaz. She is the head of Structured Study Hall or Homework Lunch. It’d be best to introduce yourself to her, especially if you’re in the room. As mentioned before, structured study hall is located in room 1-216C across from the cafeteria. Since this structured hall does take place during lunch, Mrs. Diaz does have some snacks for students who attend and work in the classroom. It is a very friendly environment. So stop by if you ever need any help with school work, if you’re interested in tutoring, or even just to say hi.

For further questions you can also contact Mrs.Diaz at: [email protected].