Mayo Fall Dance Team will perform on Monday, October 15th

Allicia Bergstrom, Staff Writer

The Mayo High Spirits Dance Team has been catching everyone’s eye this year with their new moves and upbeat music. They had a new addition to their team this year, someone who helped change their look. Emma Hess is their new assistant coach and a former Mayo High School student. Now as a Minnesota Vikings Cheerleader, she inspires the team to do their best. “She has really helped us a lot this year. It’s been really nice to have a dancer like her to help us come up with new choreography and lead us in practice to make us look the best that we can. Also our team this year has been the closest that it has ever been, and we all have a really great bond that makes it so fun to dance with each other,” says captain Alexis Busse.

This year the Mayo High Spirits have been working very hard to have one of the best seasons on record. They hold practices every day, including some in the morning. They are resourceful and dedicated, finding ways to practice when the gym is used by so many other activities. The captains, Allicia Bergstrom, Renee Lisovskis, Alexis Busse, and Bridget Maxwell, have to work around other fall sports practice schedules to fit the team in. As a result, with the help of the other seven seniors, they have been thinking creatively in order to make this year’s team and their dances unique and highly entertaining.

The team is sad to see the season coming to an end, but they have one last performance, which will show how hard they have worked and how much they care about dancing. On October 15th, at 7 p.m. at Fridell Middle School, Mayo, Century, and John Marshall’s dance teams will be performing. After so many weeks of practices and shows, the Mayo High Spirits will be able to demonstrate their excellent choreography and well-rehearsed synchronization. They have put in many hours in order to shine like professionals, so come cheer on your team, and show your school spirit. We hope to see you all there.