Singing, dancing, and comedy… Oh my!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Singing, dancing, and comedy… Oh my!

Kaycee Taylor, Editor

Are you looking for a chance to express yourself and show off your talents in fine arts, all while donating to a good cause? Look no further, and attend the Beatnik Cafe, one of the many activities being held during the GOFA season. Beatnik Cafe is very similar to the talent show that is held in the Spring, just a little more low-key. Students have the opportunity to do a comedy routine, sing, dance, perform original poetry, recite other’s poems, or anything else you can think of.

Sign ups for this event were held December 6 and 7 in the lunchroom, but you can still go to the event, which will be held on December 20th during all of the lunch periods (4th, 5th, and 6th hour) in the auditorium. Student council members are expecting a big turnout from both people participating in the performances and people attending the show.
Looking to attend the show? You can buy tickets for $2 in advance at the GOFA table in the lunchroom; otherwise, tickets will be sold for $3 the day of the event at the door. Concessions will include water and popcorn to enjoy while watching these unique talents. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can talk to Mr. Swegarden or Nicole Schmitgen, a sophomore student council member.