Mayo High School Talent Show

Mayo High School Talent Show

Erin O'Hara, Staff Writer

Mayo’s Got Talent

By: Erin O’Hara

Mayo students of all grades are getting together this Tuesday, March 21st, to show off their talent to their friends, families, and faculty. The sophomores on Mayo’s Student Government have been working together for the past couple of months to put on the 2017 Spring Break themed talent show in the gym, and it looks to be an exciting night.    

Mayo’s Spartans will be performing, dancing, and singing in the spotlight on Tuesday. Although the weather forecast may not be heating up, the Mayo Students are embracing the heat in the Spring Break-themed Talent Show. Youser Yousef, Sophomore class president and her student government representatives have been working hard auditioning potential performers and preparing for the big event. “We had about 35 different acts audition this year!” Youser explained, thrilled about the interest the show has already created..

This talent show is loaded with different variety’s of many acts including:

• 3 different bands
  • Mayo Color Guard
  • 3 individual musical performances
  • Mayo Dance Line
  • Mayo Drum Line
  • 2 different rap acts
  • And much more!

The hopes are that this Talent Show will shine the light on all of the skillful students of Mayo. Youser Yousef asks that the student body come out because, “it’s an experience you can’t get back. These students have been working hard to show off for their peers.”  She goes on to explain that, “We wanted it to be all about the students.” This talent show will be different because there are a couple different acts that Mayo has never seen before, and the audience will be incorporated more than ever!

So come out to the Talent Show at Mayo High School on Tuesday the 21st at 9:30 a.m. after 2nd period to support the gifted students of Mayo High School.