Ukulele Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ukulele Club

Althea Kuzniewski, Staff Writer

Mayo High School offers many clubs; the choices range from Art Club to Science Olympiad, Key Club to Go Green.  There is a club for every type of person and for every skill.  You may be asking yourself: Is there club where I can play the ukulele, embarrass my friends, and listen to beautiful music?  Of course there is! It’s called Ukulele Club.  Ukulele Club is much different than the other clubs offered at Mayo.  This year-round club creates music and raises money.  Ukulele Club meets on Mondays, as of now, and they are in serious need of new members.  

You don’t need to be skillful in playing the ukulele to join, but you do need to be eager to learn. The friendly members of the club will teach easy and popular songs that appeal to beginners as we prepare for the upcoming winter fundraiser.  When GOFA comes around, we raise money by selling serenades to students.  That day, every club member gets the day off to play music in classrooms to their fellow peers, all while raising money for charity.  

Everyone in the club is very welcoming and it is easy to make friends fast. Roxy Mckinley, co-leader, says, “ukulele Club is a great place to have fun, make friends, and create beautiful music.” If you are interested in joining Ukulele Club, please contact co-leaders Roxy Mckinley and Audrey Schmidt, or head to Mr. Swegarden’s room (2-308) after school on Mondays.